We had a strong showing this year for blood donors at our iHeartMedia-sponsored blood drives in 2018.
According to the American Red Cross of South Central Ohio, donors at these drives provided a total of 433 productive units of blood, 25 units more than the original goal of 408.
The local iHeartMedia Blood Bash drives also brought in 75 first-time donors.
The Red Cross says these 2018 donations have help to save 1,299 lives.
- Total presenting donors: 463
- Whole blood units collected: 357
- Power Red units collected: 76
- Donors deferred: 58
- First Time Donors: 75
- Donors who started donation process but did not complete: 9
- Total productive units: 433 (goal was 408)
- Total lives saved: 1,299!!