A local firefighter and EMT, killed in the line of duty, will be laid to rest this Friday.
Funeral services for fallen Paint Creek Joint EMS and Fire District Firefighter, Joe Patterson, will begin at 1:00 p.m. Friday, June 29th at Ross County's Southeastern High School. The service will include full fire department honors.
The service will be followed by a procession of emergency vehicles that will make its way from Southeastern High School, through Chillicothe, and then on to the Londonderry Cemetery on U.S. 50. for graveside services and burial.
The procession is expected to make its way through Chillicothe between 2:30 p.m. and 4:00 pm.
The procession will take the following route:
- Left (north) on Lancaster Road to U.S. Route 50.
- Left (west) on U.S. Route 50 to U.S. Route 35 West.
- U.S. Route 35 West to SR 104 (North High Street).
- Left (south) on North High Street.
- Left onto East Water Street.
- Right onto South Bridge Street.
- Left onto Main Street.
- Right onto U.S. Route 23 south/U.S. Route 35 east.
- East on U.S. Route 50 to Londonderry Cemetery, 35814 U.S. Route 50, Londonderry.
Citizens are welcome to line the streets along this route to pay respect for the service of Firefighter Patterson. Motorist are asked to show patience as the procession moves through town.
Patterson was killed in the line of duty Sunday when a cylinder of compressed air exploded at the Paint Creek Fire Station in Rainsboro in Highland County.