With August 3rd being the final date of the regular season of Prospect League Baseball for the Chillicothe Paints, the local club is trying to maintain at least their current second place position in the Eastern Division in order to advance to the post-season playoffs.
Following Sunday night's 7-4 win over Butler, the Paints are one-and-a-half games behind division leading Kokomo, but six games in front of third place West Virginia.
The Paints have 7 games remaining, including Monday night's (7/30) home game with West Virginia.
The divisional playoffs, which pit the top two teams against each other in a best 2 of 3 series, sees the regular season division champ hosting Game #2 and a deciding Game #3- if necessary. That playoff would begin at the home of the divisional runner-up on Sunday, August 5th.
The league championship would begin August 9th. See playoff schedules below....
PL Divisional Playoff:
· Sun 8/5: East 1 at East 2
· Mon 8/6: East 2 at East 1
· Tue 8/7: East 2 at East 1 (if necessary)
· Wed 8/8: Travel Day
· Thu 8/9: Game 1 (Team with the lesser regular season record hosts)
· Fri 8/10: Travel Day
· Sat 8/11: Game 2 (Team with the better regular season record hosts)
· Sun 8/12: Game 3 (Team with the better regular season record hosts, if necessary)