To send in delay or closing, email to firstname.lastname@example.org. School administrators MUST present their specific provided code in order for us to list their information.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7th
Waverly City Schools- CLOSED
Scioto Valley Local (Piketon) Schools - CLOSED
Vinton County Schools- CLOSED
Adena Schools- 2 hour fog delay
Eastern Pike School- 2 hour delay
Teays Valley Schools- 2 hour delay
No bus service again today for Huntington School students on Arrowwood and Easterday roads
ROAD CONDITIONS IN THE AREA:
Canal Road in Pickaway County is closed due to flooding.
S.R. 104 in Ross County has been reopened at the Deer Creek bridge, between Williamsport Pike and Pennyroyal Road, following its closure Wednesday afternoon due to flooding.
Although this and other routes on the state highway system in Ross County remain open at this time, crews will continue to monitor roadways for high water and potential flooding.
In addition, crews will be working along the northbound lanes and shoulder of U.S. 23 at Divide Hill, just south of S.R. 372 and the entrance to the Scioto Trail State Park, where it is reduced to one lane following a mudslide.
Cleanup efforts will continue throughout the day, and motorists are reminded to use additional caution through the area. The southbound lanes of U.S. 23 should not be affected by this restriction; however, motorists in this direction should use additional caution as well.
S.R. 124 in Pike County has been reopened at S.R. 772 and Idaho following its closure Wednesday due to flooding; however, S.R. 220 remains closed at C.R. 51 (River Road), two miles south of Waverly. Although the duration of closure is unknown, it is anticipated that S.R. 220 will be closed through Friday, February 8, and the closure is in effect until further notice. Motorists are reminded that crossing any closed route is strictly prohibited.
The following routes in Vinton County are impacted by high water, as of 8:30 A.M. on February 7:
- US 50 between McArthur and the junction of SR 356 (restricted)
- SR 56 between SR 93 and SR 328 (closed)
- SR 160 between SR 689 and SR 32 (restricted)
- SR 160 between SR 324 and SR 349 (restricted)
- SR 278 between US 50 and SR 677 (restricted)
- SR 278 between SR 677 and the Hocking County line (restricted)
- SR 327 S between the Jackson and Ross County lines (restricted)
- SR 328 between SR 93 and SR 56 (closed)
- SR 349 between the Jackson County line and SR 160 (closed)
- SR 356 between US 50 and the Athens County line (closed)
- SR 671 between SR 327 and US 50 (restricted)
- SR 677 between US 50 and SR 278 (closed)
The following routes in Hocking County are impacted by high water, as of 8 A.M. on February 7:
- SR 56 between Laurelville and the Vinton County line (closed)
- SR 56 between the Vinton County line and SR 328 north (closed)
- SR 93 between the Hocking County line and Logan (north) (restricted)
- SR 93 between Logan (south end) and the Perry County line (closed)
- SR 278 between Nelsonville and SR 595 (closed)
- SR 595 between SR 278 and the Perry County line (closed)