Chillicothe's Street and Alley program is now underway. It involves paving operations in various parts of the city throughout the rest of spring and into summer. The City's Street and Alley Program is a voter-approved levy, adopted after its passage in 2015.
Work got underway Monday, June 10th along Shannon Drive. Crews had been originally been set to start the program along Cliffside Drive, but work in that area is being postponed to allow for updates to neighborhood waterlines. The Cliffside Drive work will commence once that project is complete.
The full list of Chillicothe Streets set for improvements for spring and summer of 2019 are:
- Annex Rd. from Enderlin Circle to Kopp St. (Yoctangee Park)
- Brookside Rd.
- Charles St.
- Cliffside Dr.
- E. Main St. from Bridge St. to Corp Line East
- E. Water St. from N. Poplar St. to Mt. Logan Dr.
- Erie Ave.
- Fairview St.
- Governor's Way
- Grand Ave.
- Hildegarten St.
- Hirn St.
- Knoles Ave.
- Locust St.
- Maple Ave. from E. Seventh to McKellar St.
- McArthur St. from E. Main St. to E. Second St.
- Mechanic St.
- Metzger Ave.
- Parsons Ave.
- Redd St.
- Riverside St. from N. Paint St. to N. Mulberry St.
- Rose Lane
- S. Mulberry St. from E. Fifth St. to E. Seventh St.
- Shannon Dr.
- Sharon Rd.
- St. Andrews Blvd.
- Watt St. from E. Main St. to the Railroad Crossing
- Yoctangee Pkwy from Kopp St. to N. High St.
- East/West alley between W. Second St. and W. Main St. from S. Walnut St. to the cross alley
- East/West alley between E. Main St. and E. Fourth St. from S. Paint St. to the cross alley
Construction bids for this year were gathered in late April. G&J Paving was awarded the contract to carryout the program's paving operations. Gary Gillum Construction awarded the contract for the installation of handicapped ramps. The ramp work has already been completed.