The City of Chillicothe has announced its full curbside leaf collection program schedule for this year.
Chillicothe Mayor Luke Feeney, along with Safety Service Director Jeff Carman announced on Tuesday that the city’s leaf collection program will start next week, the week of October 14th.
There are some rules to follow:
- Mayor Feeney asks that residents prepare their leaves in the following manner to allow crews to remove the leaves as efficiently as possible
- Leaves should be raked to the curbside grassy area between the street and the sidewalk, rather than into the street when they can be washed down into storm sewers. If there is no grass between the street and the sidewalk, then leaves should be piled onto the grass in a manner that doesn’t block the sidewalk.
- Neighborhood collection will begin at 7:00 a.m. on Mondays and collection weeks correspond to a neighborhood’s trash collection schedule, much like the city’s large item collection. Residents should have their leaves at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the Monday of their collection week. Collections will then take the entire week to complete in each zone.
- Residents are requested to not park their vehicle where leaves are to be picked up. Leaf piles that are blocked by vehicles will not be picked up.
- Leaf piles mixed with grass trimmings, branches, brush or other non-leaf content will not be collected. (Residents with branches, brush, etc. may take them to the Renick Avenue disposal site on Wednesday or Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to noon, or call the yard waste line for pick up at 740-773-9715)
The official leaf collection schedule is as follows:
- For Monday trash pickup, leaves will be gathered between October 14th and October 18th and again from November 18th to November 22nd.
- For Tuesday trash pickup, leaves will be gathered between October 21st and October 25th, and again from November 25th to November 29th.
- For Wednesday trash pickup, leaves will be gathered between October 28th, and November 1st, and again from December 2nd to December 6th.
- For Thursday trash pickup, leaves will be gathered between November 4th and November 8th, and again from December 9th to December 13th.
- For Friday trash pickup, leaves will be gathered between November 11th and November 15th, and again from December 16th to December 20th.
Leaf collection could be hampered by inclement weather so delays are possible. If you have any questions, contact the Chillicothe Service Department.