Chillicothe Mayor Luke Feeney, Safety and Service Director Carman and the Service department are pleased to announce the City of Chillicothe will have a full curbside leaf collection program again this year starting the week of October 12, 2020.
Mayor Feeney asks that residents prepare their leaves in the following manner to allow city crews to remove the leaves efficiently.
• Leaves should be raked to the curbside grassy area between the street and the sidewalk. Leaves should not be piled in the street where they can be washed down storm sewers. If there is no grass between the street and sidewalk, pile your leaves on your grass. Please do not block the sidewalks.
• Collection will start in your neighborhood at 7am. Have leaves at the curb by 7am on the Monday of your pickup week. Collections will take the entire week to complete in each zone. Leaves will be picked up according to the day that your trash pickup occurs.
• It is very important not to park vehicles where you have leaves to be picked up. If a vehicle is parked blocking access to the leaves they will not be removed.
If your trash is picked up:
• Monday trash pickup: Leaves will be removed: ➢ October 12 – October 16, 2020 ➢ November 16 – November 20, 2020
• Tuesday trash pickup: Leaves will be removed: ➢ October 19 – October 23, 2020 ➢ November 23 – November 27, 2020
• Wednesday trash pickup: Leaves will be removed: ➢ October 26 – October 30, 2020 ➢ November 30 – December 4, 2020
• Thursday trash pickup: Leaves will be removed: ➢ November 2 - November 6, 2020 ➢ December 7 – December 11, 2020
• Friday trash pickup: Leaves will be removed: ➢ November 9 - November 13, 2020 ➢ December 14 – December 18, 2020
Residents are reminded that leaf piles that are mixed with grass trimmings, branches, brush or other non-leaf content will not be collected through this service. Residents with branches, brush, etc. may take them to the Renick Avenue disposal site on Wednesday or Saturday from 8am – noon or call the yard waste line for pick up (740-773-9715).
Please be aware that leaf collection creates a fine dust in the air, so plan accordingly. Please be aware that inclement weather can cause slowdowns, but we will pick up your leaves.