Paint Valley ADAMH has announced the winners of this year’s "Write in Red, Red Ribbon Week" Essay Contest. It is a drug-abuse prevention campaign that takes place annually in late October.
The Contest seeks essays composed in red ink by middle and high school students with ideas on how to prevent drug, alcohol and tobacco abuse.
The grand prize winners this year are:
· Cheyenne Carpenter of Miami Trace High School
· Matalyn Magee of Lynchburg Clay Middle School
· Mason Jacobs of Westfall High School
· Wyatt Grooms of Western High School
· Alexis Bailes of Southeastern High School
Each will receive $100 for winning their individual school contest, and a $500 scholarship for winning the county-wide contest.
There are also several lower tier contest winners who'll each receive a prize of $100. A complete list of those students can be found on the Paint Valley ADAMH website.