Beggars' Night for the city of Chillicothe has been set. During his report to Chillicothe Council on Monday, Mayor Luke Feeney confirmed the event will take place from 6-7:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 28th, 2021, with a back-up date of 2-3:30 p.m. on Saturday, October 30th, 2021, in the event of inclement weather.
"We ask children, families, everybody to observe responsible social distancing and whatnot," said Feeney.
The mayor also confirmed that construction to convert 2nd Street into a two-way route will tentatively begin the week of October 18th.
"One of the most noticeable differences for the public will be that the intersection of Paint and 2nd streets will go from having traffic lights to no traffic lights; it'll be a four-way stop," said Feeney.
During their regular session, council members passed the following agenda items:
- an ordinance amending Ordinance #100-18 to update the Non-Bargaining Pay Ordinance and pay rate for the position of Development Director for the City of Chillicothe;
- an ordinance authorizing the Chillicothe Municipal Court to apply for the Justice Reinvestment and Incentive Grant and accepting said grant funds; establishing a separate line item for the grant monies received and disbursed; amending Section 151.02 of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Chillicothe, Ohio titled “Court Personnel” to increase the number of full-time Probation Officers to three;
- an ordinance designating public depositories and awarding monies under the provisions of Chapter 135 of the Revised Code of Ohio;
- an ordinance approving the increase of hours for one Assistant Law Director and appropriating $7,280.76 to fund the Assistant Law Director’s salary for the remainder of 2021;
- an ordinance appropriating $40,000 for City Income Tax refunds, transferring funds back to the General Fund to support the proportionate share of Income Tax refunds;
- a resolution authorizing the tax levies for the City of Chillicothe for the fiscal year beginning January 1, 2022, as determined by the Ross County Budget Commission, certifying said levies to the County Auditor;
- a resolution authorizing the appropriate City Officials to apply for and enter into an agreement with the Ohio Public Works Commission Grant funds Program for the year 2022, accepting grant funds if awarded.